Make your home eco-soap to clean the house! Tee ekologista saippuaa kotona!
Making your own soap allows you to customize the shape and scent of your soap.
Soap made from used cooking oil is environmentally friendly. Your soap will be free from preservatives, artificial colors and parabens. Homemade soap will not leave harmful chemicals into the water system.
Homemade soap moisturizes hands and is a natural cleaning solution for your home.
a big bowl and ladle could stand over 75。C / molds
1 liter of used cooking oil / 150 g NaOH (lye) / 290 cc Water / fragrance
1 Liter of used cooking oil could made about 10x100g ecosoap
1. In a bowl, add lye to water mixing slowly. Mix until the lye has dissolved and the mixture is clear. This mixture heat up and create steam due to chemical reaction. Be careful with the heat and not to breathe the steam.
2. When the temperature of lye water are cool down to around (40-45。C / if your oil is very clean: 45-50。C), a bit higher than body temperature. Then pour the used cooking oil into the lye. This will create the soap mix.
3. Stir the soap mix thoroughly until it reaches “trace”.
4. Once the soap mix reaches trace, a bit sticky liquid, add the essential oils or fragrances.
5. Stir the soap mix and pour it into the soap molds.
6. After the soap has solidified(about 2-3 days), remove the soap from the molds.
7. Allow the soap to dry for 4-6 weeks.
Download instruction: Joosoap Making(English)
Detailed step by steps illustrations, click an image to start full-screen slide show.